Once retired, eligible retirees have 31 days from the date of their retirement to enroll in their Pre-65 Retiree Benefits.
- Following your retirement, you will receive an email that includes a username and password to your Retiree Workday account. You will then login to Workday to complete your retiree benefit enrollment. (Enrollments are retroactive to your first day of retirement to avoid gaps in coverage)
- Once logged in, under Awaiting Your Action, click the Benefit Change-Retirement Enrollment task. Then click Let’s Get Started.
- Select the Plan(s) you’d like to enroll in. Click Review and Sign. Then scroll down and click I Accept, then click Submit.
- You can then view/print your Benefit Statement, click Done.
- Approximately 2 weeks following your enrollment, you will receive your monthly statement from PayFlex, MPC's direct bill administrator. Your statement will include payment instructions and information on how to enroll in automatic payments.
To view your current benefit elections:
- Login to Workday, click on the Menu select Benefits and Pay, click Benefits, then click Benefit Elections.
To make allowable changes to your benefits due to a qualifying life event (loss of other coverage, divorce, gained access to other coverage, etc.), view our tip sheets. Be sure to read the required documentation section below.
Turning 65? If you are enrolled in MPC’s Pre-65 Retiree Medical Benefits and will be turning 65, please read the Turning 65 FAQ document.
Note: New dependents acquired after a retiree member’s date of retirement are not eligible for coverage under the Retiree Health Plan. Eligible retirees with a retirement date on or after January 1, 2021, have the option to waive coverage in the Retiree Health, Dental, and Vision Plans at retirement and will be given a one-time opportunity to enroll during a future Annual Enrollment period or due to a qualifying life event, with proof of continuous creditable coverage during the waived period. Once enrolled in a Retiree Health, Dental, or Vision Plan, if coverage is later dropped, there will not be a future opportunity to enroll.
A current member who terminates participation in the Plan on or after January 1, 2021, will not be eligible to re-enroll.